Forum

Blank page after wordpress plugin installation  

RSS

rafab
08/05/2017 12:46 pm  

Hey there, 

more wordpress problems to report. I just hit blank page after installing a new plugin. I manually updated uploads path in wp-config file, but then upon installation the page freezes, just blank page without any option to go back to proceed further with installation

ReplyQuote
leo
 leo
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 12:50 pm  

The information in the forum posts you started today makes me think that something is wrong with your website. Perhaps it was transferred from one host to another and the final configuration changes were not applied successfully. At this moment I would advise you to enable the error reporting and check what the logs contain. What you can do is add the following lines to your wp-config file and then check the respective logs :

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

ReplyQuote
rafab
08/05/2017 12:55 pm  

I could not find a way to copy and paste the full log here, but I see a lot of php warning and notices. The final line refers to parse error: unexpected t_string. 

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
leo
 leo
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 1:00 pm  

Unexpected T_STRING usually means that you have bad string somewhere in the specified line. If you did not update any of your code, then perhaps the PHP version you use is not compatible. You may wish to check with your hosting support team if another version is being supported. 

If you have some caching plugin, make sure to flush its cache as well. The problem could either be caused by code issue or incompatible PHP Version. 

ReplyQuote
rafab
08/05/2017 4:31 pm  

Hey ,

I have some progress with the case. What I did is to remove the plugin and install an older version. This helped to overcome the problem at hand. It seems my wordpress has issues with customer post types, so I went ahead and installed another plugin with similar features and ... voila

ReplyQuote
leo
 leo
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 4:35 pm  

Thanks for the update. I am glad the problem is addressed 🙂 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

We are not industry specific. We are WordPress specific. We work with everyone to help them find solutions with their troubles.
If you show us the problem you are experiencing, we will show you how to fix it. It is that simple.
wppotion - powered by persistence and passion