Forum

Blank page after wordpress plugin installation  

RSS

rafab
(@rafab)
08/05/2017 12:46 pm  

Hey there, 

more wordpress problems to report. I just hit blank page after installing a new plugin. I manually updated uploads path in wp-config file, but then upon installation the page freezes, just blank page without any option to go back to proceed further with installation

leo
 leo
(@leo)
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 12:50 pm  

The information in the forum posts you started today makes me think that something is wrong with your website. Perhaps it was transferred from one host to another and the final configuration changes were not applied successfully. At this moment I would advise you to enable the error reporting and check what the logs contain. What you can do is add the following lines to your wp-config file and then check the respective logs :

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

ReplyQuote
rafab
(@rafab)
08/05/2017 12:55 pm  

I could not find a way to copy and paste the full log here, but I see a lot of php warning and notices. The final line refers to parse error: unexpected t_string. 

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
leo
 leo
(@leo)
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 1:00 pm  

Unexpected T_STRING usually means that you have bad string somewhere in the specified line. If you did not update any of your code, then perhaps the PHP version you use is not compatible. You may wish to check with your hosting support team if another version is being supported. 

If you have some caching plugin, make sure to flush its cache as well. The problem could either be caused by code issue or incompatible PHP Version. 

ReplyQuote
rafab
(@rafab)
08/05/2017 4:31 pm  

Hey ,

I have some progress with the case. What I did is to remove the plugin and install an older version. This helped to overcome the problem at hand. It seems my wordpress has issues with customer post types, so I went ahead and installed another plugin with similar features and ... voila

ReplyQuote
leo
 leo
(@leo)
Active Member Admin
08/05/2017 4:35 pm  

Thanks for the update. I am glad the problem is addressed 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We are not industry specific. We are WordPress specific. We work with everyone to help them find solutions with their troubles.
If you show us the problem you are experiencing, we will show you how to fix it. It is that simple.

Reported WordPress issues

1. Wordpress Rest API showing theme custom fields within the end point url are refusing to update via a post command
  2. Generate new post WordPress based on MySQL database
  3. Iframe (ads) is blur in Chrome when it is resized to fit in sidebar div
  4. How to make a WordPress page mobile responsive?
  5. Permalink Settings You should update your web.config now [on hold]
  6. how to upload image to wordpress with flutter using REST API
  7. Setting CSS property - filter: blur(x) with JS for site-inner class within genesis framework; Cannot read property 'getAttribute' of null
  8. Error on wordpress on my VPS: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress [on hold]
  9. Netlify deploy with results of TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
  10. How to position text at the same vertical level across columns

WordPress problems we are working on

1. How to target a specific group on Buddypress (WordPress) to show it on a widget?
  2. Is it possible for Month names to be shown in my language
  3. Displaying and grouping posts
  4. Wordpress custom endpoints (WP_REST_Controller) 404 only on mobile
  5. Set default value in database [on hold]
  6. How do I programmatically set a user as spam in BuddyPress?
  7. Can i edit styling of form in ultimate member wordpress plugin?
  8. wordpress product attribute not creating automatically only work size and color other attributes not work need to add manually again same attribute
  9. Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression on WordPress website
  10. Wordpress website hacked and .htaccess file is creating automatically with strange code

Resolved issues

1. Wordpress gutenberg editor gallery first image missing [on hold]
  2. how to fix the error No Input file specified on wordpress when using .php extention on pages
  3. How do I integrate Chargebee api to wordpress?
  4. Sorting a wp_query with more than one 'orderby'?
  5. Wordpress API: Sort posts by sticky and date
  6. Column background color not showing up
  7. How to show a row for each column?
  8. Wordpress site's frontend css styles not loading [on hold]
  9. Get the just added term_id (WordPress)
  10. Permalink structure does not get updated
wppotion - powered by persistence and passion

Working

Please Login or Register